FOX Deportes Student Athlete of the Year
SPONSORED BY FOX SPORTS EN ESPAÑOL LLC
+ No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win
1. Many will enter, but only two (2) Grand Prizes are available. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning.
2. To enter the Contest you must be an academically-eligible student athlete currently enrolled as a high school senior in an accredited high school that currently plans to attend college by the Fall Quarter of 2018 and is a legal resident of Miami-Ft. Lauderdale or West Palm Beach, Florida only as of December 11, 2017. Employees of Fox Sports En Español LLC., Fox Cable Network Services, LLC, Fox Entertainment Group, The News Corporation, Inc., Comcast Spotlight, LP and the parent companies, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion fulfillment and/or judging agencies, retailers of all such companies, persons and/or entities, (“Sponsor and its agents”), and the families and immediate family and/or household members (including, but not limited to, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, step-brothers, step-sisters and in-laws) of Sponsor and their agents are not eligible. By participating, entrants unconditionally agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Eligibility determinations will be made by Sponsor in its discretion and such decisions shall not be subject to challenge or appeal.
+ How to Enter
3. Contest begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on December 11, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on December 29, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). To enter visit http://www.foxdeportesstudentathlete.com/miami. To be eligible you must complete and submit the application form in its entirety (including without limitation, obtaining your parent or legal guardian’s signature) and any and all additional requested information according to the instructions on the Contest entry page. Entrants can submit the completed form online or print the application, fill it out in its entirety and fax to: 310-969-4981. Any eligible high school senior who also happens to be under the age of 13 is ineligible to enter the Contest online, but he or she can enter by fax as instructed below.
If any entrant withdraws from or otherwise quits school or moves to a school outside of the counties of Miami-Ft. Lauderdale or West Palm Beach, Florida or becomes academically ineligible then he/she will no longer be eligible for consideration for FOX Deportes Student Athlete of the Year.
All information submitted in application forms will be subject to verification and entrants selected as potential grand prize winners may be required to submit a copy of their high school transcript for verification purposes. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject and delete any entry it discovers to be false or fraudulent.
+ Winner Selection
4. Two (2) potential Grand Prize winners’, one (1) Male and one (1) Female, (each, a “Grand Prize Winner” and collectively, the “Grand Prize Winners”) will be selected by representatives of the Sponsor and its agent (the “Judges”) based on the following equally weighed judging criteria: GPA; SAT and/or ACT test score; advanced placement courses enrolled in and/or completed; participation in school athletics at the varsity level; participation in extracurricular activities; personal essay. The Grand Prize Winners will be selected between January 1 – January 5, 2018. The Judges decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. The selected Grand Prize Winners’ will be notified via phone and/or e-mail (as determined by Sponsor) on or about January 5, 2018. If any Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached by e-mail/phone within five (5) business days (or a shorter time if exigencies so require) of Sponsor’s first attempt to notify such winner, such Grand Prize winner may be disqualified and, assuming a sufficient number of eligible entries, an alternate winner may be selected. Grand Prize Winners will be subject to verification. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
5. Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded in the Contest. Each Grand Prize consists of Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) for the winner. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) for all prizes offered in the Contest is $10,000. If the Grand Prize is unclaimed it may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor or its agents shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of any portion of the Grand Prize once it has been shipped by Sponsor or its agent. Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered to such winner. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all Federal, State, and local taxes on their prize and/or such winner’s acceptance thereof. Winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of their awarded prize. Grand Prize Winner cannot assign or transfer their prize, or any portion thereof, to another person or entity and is not entitled to cash in place of their prize. The Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, is subject to availability and Sponsor in its sole discretion may substitute cash or a different prize of approximately equivalent or greater retail value except where prohibited by law.
+ Claiming Prize / Releases
6. Eligibility, age and all claims made by winner(s) are subject to verification. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls/mail/e-mails made by any party or sent to entrants other than by Sponsor. Each Potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, and Liability/Publicity Release Form (except where prohibited by law) within five (5) business days of winner’s receipt of same. If the Grand Prize Winner is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time their prize is awarded, consent must be provided by parent or legal guardian prior to award of the prize, and any failure to obtain consent from parent or legal guardian will result in such minor’s disqualification from the Contest. By accepting any prize, or any portion thereof, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, photographs and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in all media, including online announcements, without additional compensation, except where imposing such condition is prohibited by law. If Sponsor so elects, a potential prize winner may be required to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If any selected potential Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, is found to be ineligible and/or does not submit required documentation within the designated period, their prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be selected. By accepting any prize, or any portion thereof, each Grand Prize Winner further acknowledges that the Sponsor and any other entity involved with this Contest have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, relative to the prize or the prize suppliers or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose including, without limitation, use of any equipment associated with any portion of any Contest prize. If any Contest prize notifications are returned as undeliverable, or if any prize winner refuses their prize, or any portion thereof, such prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in accordance with the rules of this Contest.
7. By entering the Contest and/or accepting any prize, or any portion thereof, each entrant (or if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian): (a) unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) on behalf of the entrant and his or her estate or heirs, releases Sponsor and its agents, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, distributors, affiliates, advertising and promotion partners, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, retailers, franchises, and agents from any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize, or portion thereof; and (c) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. If you are under the age of 13 you are not eligible to provide any information, including, without limitation, any personally identifiable information through any online form. Sponsor and its agents do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein, including federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest, to void suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate or suspend any portion of this Contest should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest and, in any such event, at its discretion, select the winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, cancellation or suspension. This Contest may not be used for any form of gambling. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure or unavailability of hardware, software, electronic communications, interrupted or unavailable network server or other Internet connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions or jumbled, scrambled or misdirected entries or transmissions, or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, failures or difficulties or for other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for any damage to any person’s computer related to participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, unintelligible, late, lost or stolen entries or incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human errors which may occur in the processing of any entries in this Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. Any entrant, who attempts to play with multiple identities or uses any other device or artifice to play multiple times or to interfere with the proper play of this Contest, will be disqualified from participation in the Contest. If in the judgment of Sponsor, the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupts the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to discontinue, suspend, terminate or modify the Contest.
+ Dates & Deadlines/Anticipated Number of Entrants
8. Because of the unique nature and scope of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Contest. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of entrants who will participate in the Contest.
+ Limitations on Liability / Unforseen Events
9. Sponsor and its agents shall not be responsible or liable for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with the prize provided pursuant to the Contest and/or any person’s participation in the Contest. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Sponsor and its agents shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor (including, but not limited to, acts of God, or any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity) (each an “Event of Force Majeure”). If for any reason (including, but not limited to, an Event of Force Majeure) Sponsor cannot continue the Contest, then the Contest will not resume until Sponsor resumes normal business, if ever. In the event that this Contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority).
10. Sponsor and its agents shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (a) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of Contest prize manufacturer, supplier or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors, (b) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sponsor and its agents, or (c) any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sponsor or its agents. Sponsor or its agents shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any prize granted under this Contest, even if caused by the negligence of any maker, distributor or supplier of any portion of any prize or their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies.
11. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST, SUBMIT MALICIOUS CODE, .EXE FILES, OR ANY FILE THAT CONTAINS MALICIOUS CODE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ITS AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
+ Governing Law
12. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes or in connection with any submission or other material submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law of conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
13. Comcast Spotlight, LP, their respective shareholders, affiliates, officers, members, directors, agents, and employees are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes and will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or any prize awarded. Comcast Spotlight, LP has not offered or sponsored this sweepstakes in any way and by entering, all entrants agree to look solely to Sponsor for any claims or liabilities with respect to this Sweepstakes, including the development, execution and administration thereof.
+ Contest Sponsor
14. Fox Sports En Español LLC c/o Fox Cable Networks, 2121 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067.
15. Comcast Spotlight, LP, their respective shareholders, affiliates, officers, members, directors, agents, and employees are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes and will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or any prize awarded. Comcast Spotlight, LP has not offered or sponsored this sweepstakes in any way and by entering, all entrants agree to look solely to Sponsor for any claims or liabilities with respect to this Sweepstakes, including the development, execution and administration thereof.
+ Official Rules / Winners List
To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or Winner’s List for the Contest, go to www.foxlatinostudentathlete.com/miami and click on the link to the Official Rules or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by January 8, 2018, to FOX Deportes Student Athlete of the Year Contest c/o Fox Sports en Español PO BOX 900, Beverly Hills 90213. Please specify Official Rules or Winner’s List. Winner’s list available on or after January 8, 2018.
17. Contest void outside Miami-Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida and where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sweepstakes begins on December 11, 2017 and ends December 29, 2017.